- The Korean Ministry Of Environment (MOE) has released the air quailty level of 16 areas nearby the World Cup Stadium on a real-time basis since April 2002.
- The increasing public interest in air pollution and a clean and safe environment has led to raising the need for air quality information across the country.
- The general public have gained access to the urban air pollution data on the website since Dec.2005.
The data on the outdoor air quality nationwide has been released since Dec. 28, 2005.
Status of System Operation
- Method: the website (www.airkorea.or.kr) launched to provide air pollution information.
- Pollutants: PM10 ,PM2.5 , O3, CO , SO2, NO
- Overall grasp of the real-time air quality data across the country.
- Display of the air quality level in various ways such as satellite images, environmental clocks, and calendars.